Latest from my blog...

Subscribe to the RSS Feed

What You Need To Know When Traveling to Aruba

Posted on 21 March 2019 by admin (0)

We know you are really excited about your first trip to Aruba, and that you want to make the most of your trip. So, here are some few tips to help you achieve this-

Required documents upon entry

When you arrive in Aruba, you are required to have the following documents:

  1. A valid passport upon entry and for the period you’ll be staying in Aruba. If the visitor holds a passport from a visa-required country, such person must have a visa sticker in his/her passport, which must be valid, of course.
  2. A filled-in and signed Embarkation and Disembarkation card (ED-card).
  3. A return ticket
  4. All required documents for returning back to the country of origin or the country where he/she has a right to enter
  5. The tourist must be able to present a proof to the migration officer that he/she has a reservation for accommodation in Aruba or that he/she owns a property (a residence, apartment, condominium, etc.) in Aruba.
  6. Proof of adequate financial means to cover the hotel expenses and living expenses during the stay in Aruba.

The final authority to let anyone into Aruba remains with the migration officer at the port of entry. Migration authorities at the port of entry have the authority to grant or refuse a traveler’s admission. A traveler’s admission can be refused if not all requirements are fulfilled by such person at the time of entry into Aruba or if such person has been blacklisted from entering Aruba.

Duration of admission

The maximum period a person can be allowed to stay in Aruba as a tourist is 30 days. The total days a person is allowed to stay in Aruba as a tourist can’t be more than 180 days per year.

Visa required people exempted from visa requirement

The following people who would normally need a visa are exempted from the requirement:

  1. Persons who have a valid residence permit from- another part of the         Kingdom of the Netherlands, the US, Canada, Schengen Territory, UK, and Ireland.
  2. Bolivian, Cuban, Chinese, Haitian, Indian, Peruvian and Jamaican nationals who hold a valid multi-entry visa for the US, Canada, UK or Ireland.
  3. Nationals who hold a valid multi-entry visa for the Schengen Territory
  4. Those who arrive by aircraft to board a cruise ship or vice-versa for a period of 24 hours.